Exercise 4B, Page 135, MISSING BOOKMARKS

Jump to solution
10-03-2023 09:23 AM
ChristopherRLaingen
New Contributor

In Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.8 (4th Edition) at step #5 on pg. 135, and again on page 154, step #2, the instructions say to "go to Bookmark," but there are no bookmarks available.  Further, when I tried to CREATE a bookmark, it wouldn't let me.

My workaround was to create a New Map and then copy/paste the layers from the original map into the new one (basically just creating a duplicate).  The new Map then allowed me to create Bookmarks, but it doesn't solve the initial problem of the Bookmarks needed for the exercise not being there... so I just had to show my students where the areas in question were on the map so they could zoom to the general area(s) themselves.  

There must be something "corrupt" with the project file and/or the Map that comes with the CityMaintain.aprx file from ESRI.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, it does seem like there is something corrupt with that map. It looks like you found a good workaround for now. I've flagged this to be updated in the next edition, Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, it does seem like there is something corrupt with that map. It looks like you found a good workaround for now. I've flagged this to be updated in the next edition, Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

0 Kudos