Cost of Courses in Learning Plans

Jump to solution
01-24-2023 10:18 AM
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Good afternoon!

I see the cost of some courses in the learning plans are a lot. Not sure how to do those if one is financially not able to. Anyone have any suggestions!

Looking for ideas and if Esri has any financial aid or assistance for training in anyway.

Look forward to hearing!

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, our learning plans are a good tool to organize typically large topics into smaller pieces (for example, Data Management is a big topic. The Fundamentals of Data Management learning plan helps uncover all the various subtopics that fall under data management.) There's no requirement to complete all the resources in any learning plan. If you explore the details of what's covered in a paid instructor-led course, you could then search for e-Learning resources that teach those topics.

Instructor-led courses are an efficient way to learn, but we understand not everyone has budget for those. Many organizations using ArcGIS do have a training budget. Esri partners, Esri Nonprofit Program members, and Education Institute Agreement members get a discount on instructor-led training.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, our learning plans are a good tool to organize typically large topics into smaller pieces (for example, Data Management is a big topic. The Fundamentals of Data Management learning plan helps uncover all the various subtopics that fall under data management.) There's no requirement to complete all the resources in any learning plan. If you explore the details of what's covered in a paid instructor-led course, you could then search for e-Learning resources that teach those topics.

Instructor-led courses are an efficient way to learn, but we understand not everyone has budget for those. Many organizations using ArcGIS do have a training budget. Esri partners, Esri Nonprofit Program members, and Education Institute Agreement members get a discount on instructor-led training.

MarkJohnson5
New Contributor

Hi Suzanne. I'm a graduate student at Oregon State University. I'm interested in taking the esri instructor-led course "Working with Lidar Data in ArcGIS." Is there any discount for Oregon State University students?

Thanks for your reply.

Mark Johnson

johnsm24@oregonstate.edu

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mark, you maybe eligible for a 40% discount on the lidar course, but you'll need to confirm that OSU has an Esri Education Institution Agreement or a similar license in place that includes the instructor-led training discount. Check with your GIS administrator, professor, or head over to the Education community. I'm sure one of the Esri Education team members can tell you. https://community.esri.com/t5/higher-education/ct-p/higher-education