Extracting data from ProBasics.zip to C:\EsriTraining folder

Jump to solution
06-20-2022 05:08 AM
GeoffryBox
New Contributor II

Hi,

I apoligize for such a simple question, but I'm just starting the ArcGIS Pro Basics course and it asks me to download the ProBasics.zip file and install it to begin. To do so it says, "To install the data, you need to extract it from the ZIP file to the C:\EsriTraining folder." The problem is, I can't find the "C:\EsriTraining" folder. Could someone explain to me were the C:\EsriTraining folder is located and how to access it to extract the ProBasics.zip file to it. I'm sure it is very simple and I missed something, but any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

@EsriTraining 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Geoffry, hopefully you've been able to download the data. Web course exercise data will extract automatically to C:\EsrTraining (the folder is created for you). The wording of the instruction is a little ambiguous and I'll pass that on to our team.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Create a folder named "EsriTraining" in C-drive.

Extract the zip file inside it.

JayantaPoddar_0-1655735840841.png

Think Location
GeoffryBox
New Contributor II

Cheers! Got it!

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Geoffry, hopefully you've been able to download the data. Web course exercise data will extract automatically to C:\EsrTraining (the folder is created for you). The wording of the instruction is a little ambiguous and I'll pass that on to our team.

GeoffryBox
New Contributor II

I did! I appreciate that! Cheers!

0 Kudos
RebeccaGrant
New Contributor

I am currently having the same issue, but it is also showing the data is downloaded onto the computer but when I try and connect it through ARCGIS it just doesn't show it exists at all. 

ssferrella
New Contributor

This does not work, it only creates GIS Basics and NOT an EsriTraining folder

ssferrella_0-1706054064840.png