No C:\EsriTraining Folder

a month ago
SabrinaShultz
New Contributor

I am just starting out with GIS but am having difficulties even with the GIS Basics course because I cannot find the folder that is apparently supposed to be automatically created for me labeled, "C:\EsriTraining". I am being instructed to browse to C:\EsriTraining\GISBasics\Arkansas and select the Arkansas project, but I can only add individual files from the Arkansas folder rather than the folder itself because the pathway isn't there. I saw that this question was answered before and the solution was that the folder should be created for you automatically. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Attached is my C:\ drive and also what shows up when I try to extract the zip to the C drive.Screenshot 2024-04-01 164453.pngScreenshot 2024-04-01 164434.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So it appears you extracted the GISBasics folder to your C:\users\sabrina.shultz\downloads directory instead.  What you could do is create a new folder on your C:\ drive called EsriTraining.  Then go the C:\users\sabrina.shultz\downloads directory and cut the GISBasics folder.  Then paste it to the newly created C:\EsriTraining folder.  Then everything should match to the lesson.