YPN Ambassador Content Collaboration for My Podcast

04-04-2024 08:51 PM
Labels (1)
PhilippaBurgess
New Contributor III

Hello fellow Esri YPNs, 

I am eager to get involved as an Ersi YPN Ambassador.  I am speaking at my university next week to introduce the opportunity to my fellow GIS students. I also love to create content and welcome collaboration. I host a weekly podcast called "Muse and Metrics" that airs on 360 Talk Radio for Women. I also enjoy making videos that talk about tech, maps, data, and design. My interviews tend to either be 1) origin stories -- a one on one open discussion interviews about your work, life, interests, and how you got to this point and your advice for others 2) mission or topic stories either as a discussion or presentation that focus on topics you think are important or comment on current events 3) trainings which typically are pre-planned with teaching materials or screenshares and designed to deliver a learning transformation. Beyond welcoming you onto my stage I am also open to sharing your content so if you have a map, project, blog, event that I can share on my X, IG, or Linkedin feel free to tag me so I can amplify your work and interests related to GIS and Esri. Generally speaking, I am open to content collaboration. It's nice to meet you and I welcome getting to know you and your maps! 

To give you a bit more detail about me, I am a graduate student at USC Spatial Sciences Institute in the M.S. in Human Security and Geospatial Intelligence. I also got a GIST Certificate and am getting a Privacy Law and Cybersecurity Certificate. I am currently applying for various internships and fellowships to get more hands-on technical GIS experience. Before starting on this GIS journey I returned to graduate school for an MA in Urban Planning and that's where I discovered and fell in love with spatial data science. Before that I worked digital marketing and in entertainment and media, so the interviews and subsequent video, audio, blogs, and social content is just sort of second nature. I didn't even realize it until I looked back on 2023 that I'd done 50+ tech and GIS content interviews. As we came into 2024 I turned my attention to a coding a 3D Photorealistic Tiling Project with ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and Cesium with JavaScript which I recently presented at the LA Geospatial Summit. You can find that at https://polbwithcesium.philippaburgess.com. I am now excited to turn my attention to more mapping, ML for satellite imagery, and content creation. 

I can be found on socials like X and IG @ philippaburgess or on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/philippaburgess

Best, 

Philippa 

Tags (1)
1 Reply
BrookeHewitt
New Contributor II

I'm thoroughly impressed by the breadth and depth of your expertise, from your academic pursuits at USC Spatial Sciences Institute to your hands-on projects like the 3D Photorealistic Tiling Project with ArcGIS Pro and Cesium.