Span ID's

08-06-2010 07:13 AM
WilliamMathison
New Contributor
This is my first thread so bear with me! We (Electric Utility) trim trees by circuits and with some spans having multiple circuits in a span you have to trim that span more then once in a cycle. We are creating span ID�??s where we can track the multiple line ID�??s and eliminate trimming that span more then once. Has anyone having the same problem either created span ID�??s or another method to resolve their problem? Thanks for your comments!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardChase
New Contributor
Just wondering if ya'll have ever developed a method of working out your problem.  If you only started out with it I would appreciate a direction so I may pass the idea along to our in-house tree trimming section.  We, of course, use private contractors for the actual work but it would really make everybody's job easier if we could use to information available on our GIS mapping.

Thanks from sunny Floirda
0 Kudos
WilliamMathison
New Contributor
It took us a lot longer than we thought to implement the Span ID�??s and start using them in our system. We just started another Trim Cycle this year and have included Span Id�??s in our captured data. If you would send me your contact information to bmathison@nespower.com I will have our GIS Section contact your with details and follow-up information. Thanks for your reply
0 Kudos