Annotation Class (SDE)

02-06-2018 02:24 PM
DanKerntop
New Contributor II

We have a standard annotation class in a few datasets in SDE that do not allow us to add, delete or rename the annotation classes in the properties.  However, we are able to do this in a file geodatabase.  We are using ArcMap 10.5.1.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?  Finally, we have contacted ESRI and they are unable to provide an answer.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanKerntop
New Contributor II

Hello Shan,

1. What is the License level for ArcGIS Desktop? 10.5.1

2. Did you create a map annotation or an annotation feature class? Annotation feature class in SDE

3. The feature class residing in the enterprise database, is it already participating in any complex relationship (e.g. Network dataset, Geometric dataset. Yes, it is part of a Network dataset with simple and complex edges, etc. I may try moving the annotation feature to a separate feature dataset without the network….

Regards,

Dan Kerntop

GIS Analyst

City of Wausau

Dept of Public Works

407 Grant St

Wausau, WI 54403

City of Wausau

Office: (715) 261-6757

Learn more about

the City of Wausau at:

www.ci.wausau.wi.us<http://www.ci.wausau.wi.us/>

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

1.  What is the License level for ArcGIS Desktop?  10.5.1

2.  Did you create a map annotation or an annotation feature class?  Annotation feature class in SDE

3.  The feature class residing in the enterprise database, is it already participating in any complex relationship (e.g. Network dataset, Geometric dataset.  Yes, it is part of a Network dataset with simple and complex edges, etc.  I may try moving the annotation feature to a separate feature dataset without the network….

License level would mean (Basic, Standard, Advanced) 10.5.1 is the version of the product.

The annotation that you are trying create are they feature linked annotations?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
DanKerntop
New Contributor II

1. 10.5.1

2. Feature class anno

3. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s in a network

Also, when I turn off ArcGis Server, then I can make changes to the feature class anno properties..

Dan

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

My knee jerk answer as that you have an orphan schema lock. In db admin, go to connections, and kill them all (like Pokemon). My second knee jerk answer is...can you post a screen shot(s) of exactly what/how you're trying the operation? You may be in a known limitation....

0 Kudos
DanKerntop
New Contributor II

The desktop and license manager are running 10.5.1

It doesn’t seem to matter if the anno feature class is in a geometric network or not. When I stop running ArcGIS Server it allows me to change the anno classes in the anno feature class. I just don’t want to have to stop ArcGIS Server to make changes. Schema locks are bad enough withit.

Thanks for your Reply,

Dan

0 Kudos