Feature Classes Delete from GDB 'successfully', but upon refresh are still there

10-12-2023 02:41 PM
MattReeves_SpokaneValley
New Contributor III

I am attempting to delete a handful of features from a GDB. I am the owner. When selecting them, and deleting them, they disappear. But, when I refresh the DB they are still there. I have tried to just copy over them, setting the checking the Overwrite option for GP tools within in the ArcGIS Pro settings and still get error 000258, that a feature of the same name is already in the database.  I cannot rename the features either.

Using the 'Delete Features' gp tool does not work as it has the Red X when selecting a feature, and has error 000732. This dataset does not exist or is not supported.  

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

ArcGIS Server Enterprise 10.9.1

SQL Server 2017

Matt Reeves
3 Replies
Raj-Chavada
New Contributor III

If available, I would put in ticket with ESRI Support team. I would also check if you don't have any schema locks coming from map services. 

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This sounds like there could be corrupt metadata. Check the table and layer metadata and the database itself for table existence. You might need to delete rows or recreate the table with CREATE TABLE to delete it cleanly (though this should be done with close cooperation with Tech Support).

- V

0 Kudos
MattReeves_SpokaneValley
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestion. The tables still exist when viewed through SSMS. I will put in a ticket with support and update the thread when a resolution has been reached.

Matt Reeves