Select to view content in your preferred language

New replicas of dev EGDB no longer add replica gdbname to feature layers?

Jump to solution
09-05-2023 05:08 PM
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I recently upgraded my organization's ArcPro version to 3.1 and attempted to create a new EGDB & replica for a testing server, but noticed that it no longer has the same format as the previous one. Is this due to the prior EGDB & replicas being created in ArcPro 10.9.x and this new Enterprise GDB & replica being created in ArcPro 3.1.x?

IE: Prior replica feature class would be 'devgis.DBO.Parcel', now I am seeing them as just 'DBO.Parcel' in the replica GDB

I also noticed that Feature Datasets are not maintaining their letter case. What was previously 'devgis.DBO.MSAG', is now 'DBO.msag'.

Any explanation would help, thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is expected behavior after upgrading to Pro  or newer:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/upgrade-geodatabas... under the "Be aware of the following" second bullet point.

• When you upgrade a geodatabase in SQL Server to 11.0 or a later release, the fully qualified names of tables and feature classes will no longer contain the database name. For example, a feature class named productdata.dataowner.inventory in a 10.9.x geodatabase will be named dataowner.inventory after you upgrade the geodatabase.
--- George T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
George_Thompson

This is expected behavior after upgrading to Pro  or newer:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/upgrade-geodatabas... under the "Be aware of the following" second bullet point.

• When you upgrade a geodatabase in SQL Server to 11.0 or a later release, the fully qualified names of tables and feature classes will no longer contain the database name. For example, a feature class named productdata.dataowner.inventory in a 10.9.x geodatabase will be named dataowner.inventory after you upgrade the geodatabase.
--- George T.
Amarz
by

Thank you George. Is there a way for it to maintain letter case, as in the xxx.xxx.MSAG > xxx.msag example? What is going on there?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I am not aware of any change related to that on the upgrade.

You may want to contact Technical Support and investigate this.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Amarz
by

Sorry to continue here, but are you aware of why creating a new replica will not copy over SQL Views?

0 Kudos