Convert Custom ArcMap .tbx to Pro 3 .atbx

Jump to solution
12-14-2023 07:37 AM
BartPittari
New Contributor III

I'm in the early stages of a migration project from ArcMap 10.8 to ArcPro 3.x.  Moving the .mxds are not an issue, but we have a few .tbx files that were created for some customized projects (use/call Python 2.7 scripts with the toolbox taking in parameters). 

I've used/am using the 2to3 conversion to migrate those scripts to Python 3.x, and was wondering if there was some way to programmatically convert the .tbx structure itself to an .atbx ... I thought ImportToolbox would be the way to go, but I may have been mistaken (got a 99998 error when I attempted).  If the Toolbox needs to be rebuilt, that's fine, but it looks like you can import from 2.x to 3.x so I figured there might be a way to migrate from 10.8 to 3?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I copied the tools from the *.tbx into a new *.atbx in Catalog (right-click copy, then past

You have to redefine the toolset names.

The procedure wasn't without the odd glitch but was easier than respecifying tool parameters.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I copied the tools from the *.tbx into a new *.atbx in Catalog (right-click copy, then past

You have to redefine the toolset names.

The procedure wasn't without the odd glitch but was easier than respecifying tool parameters.

... sort of retired...
BartPittari
New Contributor III

Dan,

Yeah, that's what I kinda figured I was going to have to do, but was hoping that I could just write some quick code and, voila!, it's imported and I can go on to the other laundry list of things on this upgrade.

Appreciate it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos