Geoprocessing models from 10.1 not visible in 10.3

11-28-2015 03:54 PM
JohnWilson8
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I built a custom toolbox with multiple geoprocessing tools/models in ArcGIS 10.1. Recently I had to upgrade to ArcGIS 10.3, and now my models are invisible. I can see, move and copy the toolbox in Windows (registering the correct 28mb size), and I can see the actual named toolbox in both ArcMap and ArcCatalog. But I cannot expand the toolbox anywhere to see the models, add it to ArcMap's toolbox framework, or access it in any other way (save as something else etc) in the ArcGIS framework.

HELP!!! I really need to see my models.

Yes I have backups of the file. No I do not have access to ArcGIS 10.1.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I took a loot at your new attachment in 10.0 and 10.3 and neither one could see the backup file either.  Are you on maintenance?  Is so, have you tried contacting tech support?

JohnWilson8
New Contributor II

Nooooooo. Thanks for checking Rebecca. I'll check in with maintenance and let you all know of the outcome.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I wish you good luck with it.  BTW - might take some magic from an IT/hacker type person to extract the data from the zip.... more than a GIS issue.  My guess it once the OS can see files in the folder it will be possible to see it in one of the versions of ArcGIS.....just my guess.

0 Kudos