Juno-5/Yuma-2 ArcPad

08-27-2014 01:24 PM
EmilyLoo
New Contributor

Hi there.

My company is currently trying to decide on whether we should use a Trimble Juno-5 or a Trimble Yuma-2 to run ArcPad (or maybe TerraSync.)

Does anyone have any experiences with either of these and either ArcPad or TerraSync? I read a forum earlier saying that the Juno-5's Android 4 OS lacked licensing from Google and thus they were unable to access any of the apps (including ArcPad and TerraFlex). Is this still happening?!

Do Juno-5's run ArcPad well?

I know very little about the Yuma-2, and while the camera is not as good, it has much more memory and I feel as if Windows 7 Professional is a more reliable operating system.

What do you guys thing? Could you help me out??

Thanks!!

E

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SavannahaBuhrman
New Contributor II

I can speak to the use of Yuma tablets, as I have no experience with the Trimble Juno.  We have had 4 Yumas for about 5 years now (Windows 7, 32bit) and they have performed well for us.  They have held up incredibly well as they were used for a pole inventory project and taken out in the field almost daily for 4 years.  It is nice to give users a familiar operating system and of course this is also a benefit from an administration stand point.  I would have no problem buying more to use for field inspections especially if you think they will be abused or exposed to the elements.  The large screen (large compared to the Juno) is also nice.  I think it really boils down to what you need the device for because each option has specs that might meet one need better than another.  Good luck in your choice!

0 Kudos