reclassify higher end of the lower input range need to be exclusive

02-05-2024 12:29 PM
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to use the reclassify tool but  higher end of the lower input range needs to be exclusive.  To be clear, these are my intervals

AnneMarieDubois_0-1707164795948.png

Unfortunately, all the documentation I find seems to suggest that all the tools in ArcGIS Pro that deal with reclassification work on the opposite way, meaning that the higher end is always inclusive. Like this:

AnneMarieDubois_1-1707164896252.png

Is there a simple solution to bypass that? I considered creating a script (because of course my intervals maybe not always be the same) but it seems a lot of work. I can't bring myself to believe ESRI does not have a tool to allow more control over the way we reclassify...

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is it float or integer data?  I don't think there's a button-click type setting solution to it.  I may be oversimplifying but is there anything against setting the range just below that max range (bearing in mind the decimal precision of your numbers/data), then altering the labels in the legend?

0 - 19.9999

20 - 39.9999

40 - Max

0 Kudos
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

This is not a solution for me...

What if my data had 15 decimals of precision? 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Probably a series of Con() statements are needed in raster Calculator then to be sure.  Something like.

Con(("Raster" >= 0) & ("Raster" < 20), 1)

Con(("Raster" >= 20) & ("Raster" < 40), 2)

Con("Raster" >= 40, 3)
0 Kudos
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

well then I guess there is no easy way to do this. The example below would work but then, what if I need 25 intervals? I don't even want to start thinking about the length of the formula 😱

Let's cross our fingers ESRI might come up with a solution one day!