Transformation error in GPService

02-25-2011 04:09 AM
MarkWoolley
New Contributor
I have a model that includes the Project tool. When I run the model on the desktop the input dataset is successfully projected and the desired outcome is achieved.

When I publish the model as a tool layer in a results map to ArcGIS Server (9.3.1) I get the error 000365: Invalid geographic transformation.

If the Project tool is used the error happens before any processing seems to occur (the tool is a few tools into the model). If I replace the Project tool with Python script (as a different way to handle the parameters) the error gets reported later in the message flow (i.e. after the preceding model steps have run).

Any insights?

<cross posting to ArcGIS Server  - General forum>
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkWoolley
New Contributor
The Geometry/Project Service/Task will do the projecting of data that I need. It appears to work from the two wkid values without having the specify the Geographic Transformation values (which it must supply automatically).

Since my user interface will be provided in Web Mercator and my geoprocessing model uses data in Lambert Conformal Conic (both beyond my control) I will have to take the input point that the user selects (in Web Mercator) and send a preliminary request to the Geometry/GeometryServer/Project service to convert the coordinates to LCC before calling my geoprocessing model with the now reprojected input point.
0 Kudos