Celebrating GIS

Jump to solution
11-17-2023 04:02 PM
TaiwoOlatunbosun
New Contributor III

Hello Esri community,

I celebrated my GIS Day Yesterday November 17 with teens and teenagers in my community here in Nigeria.It was full of creativity.The kids and teens compose songs for GIS Day.They were taught on map and they practice map making by drawing different types of map base on creativity and the higher score goes to the winner.Resources provided to celebrate the GIS Day was also use,as the kids and teens makes use of their coloring sheets and scrapbook to read map.The kids and teens engaged in quiz and games in geochallenge.It was fun for them,they wanted to keep celebrating GIS Day everyday.One of them asking:"Are we coming tomorrow as well?"...They were expose to new things in mapping like GIS is now use for mapping.The kids and teens all went home with what they have learn and their class Activities to show their parent.Next year GIS Day,they all promise to bring along their friends.The kids and teens thanks to Esri community for given us,this great opportunity to be aware of GIS.They are saying,they will love to celebrate it every day,just like this,they have done today.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing, @TaiwoOlatunbosun. This has just put the biggest smile on my face. I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful GIS Day with your students!

I love the map contest idea as well as the creation of GIS Day songs. It's great to see that your students wanted to continue the celebrations, and it's true that GIS Day can be celebrated every day!

I hope you don't mind if I include the picture you shared in the body of my post. These beaming faces deserve to be seen by everyone 😊

We can't wait to see what you have planned for next year's GIS Day event. Thank you for educating the younger generation about the fascinating world of GIS 🌎

IMG_20231117_175946_368~3.jpg

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing, @TaiwoOlatunbosun. This has just put the biggest smile on my face. I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful GIS Day with your students!

I love the map contest idea as well as the creation of GIS Day songs. It's great to see that your students wanted to continue the celebrations, and it's true that GIS Day can be celebrated every day!

I hope you don't mind if I include the picture you shared in the body of my post. These beaming faces deserve to be seen by everyone 😊

We can't wait to see what you have planned for next year's GIS Day event. Thank you for educating the younger generation about the fascinating world of GIS 🌎

IMG_20231117_175946_368~3.jpg

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
TaiwoOlatunbosun
New Contributor III

Exactly!!!