Enabling Location Sharing for My Organization in ArcGIS Enterprise

08-18-2023 04:31 AM
Labels (1)
vdamjanov
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI community,

I'm currently exploring the functionalities of ArcGIS Enterprise Field Maps for my organization's needs. I'm particularly interested in the location sharing feature for members of my organization. However, I've been told that adding "Mobile Worker" user type to my current license is not possible.

I'm currently using the Educational Academic Departmental Medium Annual Subscription, I'd like to ask if there's a way to enable or work around this limitation. Has anyone faced a similar issue or can offer guidance on how to get the location sharing feature up and running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SamuelCanas
Esri Contributor

Hello @vdamjanov , 

The Share location capability is included in the ArcGIS Field Maps app. There are other user-types, different to "Mobile Worker", which can access to the Field Apps. You can try to assign this using a "GIS Professional" user type. 

Here is a link about this user type capabilities and fuctionalities. https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/user-types/explore/gis-professional?rmedium=links_esri_co...

I hope this can help you! 

Samuel 

0 Kudos
vdamjanov
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response @SamuelCanas ,

sadly, even though I'm GIS Professional user type, I am getting error in Field Maps "Using this map requires location sharing to be turned on but you are not licensed for location sharing" in my Field Maps app on phone, for ArcGIS Enterprise server. I have all permissions to share location.

On ArcGIS Online (not Enterprise) it says: "To enable location sharing, your organization must purchase ArcGIS Location Sharing licenses."

Vedran

0 Kudos
SamuelCanas
Esri Contributor

Thank you @vdamjanov , we can try with something else. 

In this article (Enable location sharing—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation) I found that "To enable location sharing, your organization must first purchase ArcGIS Location Sharing licenses. This license is included in the Mobile Worker user type and is available as an add-on for all other user types". 

You can try going to your ArcGIS Online Organization>Members 

SamuelCanas_0-1692735015355.png

Filter the user type by GIS Professional Advanced 

SamuelCanas_1-1692735056986.png

Then Manage add-on licenses 

SamuelCanas_2-1692735106127.png

Finally, search for User Type Extensions > add "ArcGIS Location Sharing". 

SamuelCanas_3-1692735288954.png

Save the changes and try again, 

Let me know if this worked, I hope it does! 

Samuel 

0 Kudos
vdamjanov
New Contributor II

Thank you @SamuelCanas ,

there is no ArcGIS Location Sharing in User type extensions. Is it really possible that Educational Academic license doesn't have this possibility?

Screenshot_24.png

0 Kudos
vdamjanov
New Contributor II

Could anyone help me with this issue?

0 Kudos