Apply water depth values from point shapefile to a DTM

02-24-2016 02:10 PM
DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Hello everybody, I have a DTM and I shapefile with water depth values. I've used the Spatial analyst function "Extract Values to Points" to extract cell values from the DTM. After I've created a field based on a field calculator to compare the difference between the shapefile water depth and the points extracted from the raster. Now I would like to apply this difference in water depth to the DTM. How can I do that? Resuming, I would like to apply the water depth values from a shapefile with points to the DTM.

Thanks in advance,

Dilson

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can convert the point file to a raster using the same cell size, extent and snap raster as the DTM.  Use the field that you are interested in as the values field.  You want to make sure that the surround values are zero and not nodata.  Now depending on what you want to do, you can add or subtract that layer with the DTM this can be done with the spatial analyst tools for example there is the plus and minus tool Plus—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Hi Dan, thanks for your prompt answer, I will investigate this approach, carefully. At the end I just want to adjust the DTM at the points.

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you expand on what you're trying to do? Specifically, are you interested in adjusting the DTM only at the points, or adjust the entire DTM surface based on these calibration points?

DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Hi dkwiens‌, yes I got back to this issue, I want exatcly that. Adjust the entire DTM based on calibration points. I already did what Dan have suggested, bu I'm stucked at the step after.

0 Kudos