Camera Model not listed under Ortho Mapping Workspace

Jump to solution
08-24-2022 08:45 AM
Labels (2)
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate some help with Ortho Mapping:

- Camera Model DJI Zenmuse X5S isn't listed but automatically selects DJI FC6520, the images do not contain information under the "Details" Tab for the "Properties" of each image when I checked so what exactly is it getting this information from?

- When continuing with the defaults the log file shows that it has automatically removed images. The resulting Image Collection under the Table of Contents, when zoomed in looks stretched and distorted. Is this normal before adding the GCP information?

I am new to using Ortho Mapping so any help is appreciated. Please see attachments for reference.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mingzhenC
New Contributor II

Do you have the GPS file which includes the image name and its position information (X, Y, Z). It is necessary because there is no GPS information in image properties.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MingzhenChen
Esri Contributor
1. Matching a wrong camera issue which will be fix in next release.
2. For a new camera which is not in our camera list, in Edit Camera Parameters panel, type Focal length, Columns and Rows which you can find in image Properties. It should works well.
3. With the defaults the log file shows that it has automatically removed images, please share the log message.
mingzhenC
New Contributor II

1. Matching a wrong camera issue which will be fix in next release.
2. Pleaae figure the focal length. Is it 15 mm? Please find the image's Columns and Rows. The FOV is 72 degree. Caculate the Pixel Size using FOV.

mingzhenC_0-1661366305258.png

0 Kudos
mingzhenC
New Contributor II

Do you have the GPS file which includes the image name and its position information (X, Y, Z). It is necessary because there is no GPS information in image properties.

0 Kudos
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

Hi mingzhenC, thanks for your response.

I have all the imagery information it was blocked out by the server. I ran the Ortho Mapping but got ERROR 999999. The issue is I can't edit the Camera Parameters because it keeps going back to the default.

GabElburn02_0-1661373140732.png

Below are screen shots of the details of one of the images:

GabElburn02_1-1661373260193.png

GabElburn02_2-1661373299148.png

GabElburn02_3-1661373331492.png

I am unable to send the actual image, but I hope you can help me with this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

I edited the excel spreadsheet with some provided ground control points, and saved it with .csv extension. I made sure that the headers for each column matched the headers required for the GCP manager as instructed in ArcGIS Documentation. Completed the tie points for each of the listed images with the GCPs. Then I ran the block adjustment and it worked.

Thanks for your help mingzhenC.

0 Kudos