Creating a mosaic dataset using a raster type - Match-AT for orthorectification

09-12-2014 12:33 PM
Labels (1)
SubramanianSwaminathan
New Contributor II

Attempting to use Match_AT project files to add rasters to a Mosaic Dataset. Following instructions at ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Not much luck using a DEM from an ArcSDE\Sql Server connection? Anybody use an image service or another Mosaic dataset for the DEM for the elevation info?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Subramanian,

Are you receiving an error?  Can you provide a little more detail on the issue you are experiencing?

0 Kudos
SubramanianSwaminathan
New Contributor II

2014-09-12T11:17:22.239: Error: 80050199: Failure to access the DBMS server [[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Communication link failure] [lidarGDB.sde.GDB_Items]

2014-09-12T11:17:22.242: Error: 80070057: Invalid function arguments

Jake -

Above is the error in my results window. I can view the DEM without any issues through my Database Connection.

Subu

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you make an image service with the lidar DEM?  I have been able to utilize an image service to populate the DEM for orthorectification before.  That error looks to be of the database type.  I would see if you can successfully create a mosaic dataset with the SDE raster. 

0 Kudos
SubramanianSwaminathan
New Contributor II

A local raster based DEM file (tif) finally worked. Will have access to image service later to test that. Using a mosaic dataset as a source also did not work so I just mosaicked a test area to create a tif for the DEM and used it for now.

0 Kudos