Cross Correlation between 2 rasters

Jump to solution
11-16-2022 11:34 PM
epiewesner
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

Greetings, I hope you guys are all good. 

I have been trying to figure out how to perform cross correlation analysis between 2 raster data, but haven't figure out how to go about with the method. So, I have land use land cover data, and carbon monoxide data, and i wish to check for correlation between the 2 raster data, then generate an output from the correlation analysis to display the correlation areas.

Can someone help me out with the python script or better still walk me through the process, any help will be much apprecaited.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you see one of the Related links to the right of your question? 

raster correlation of seven layers - Esri Community

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you see one of the Related links to the right of your question? 

raster correlation of seven layers - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
epiewesner
New Contributor II

Hi @DanPatterson thanks for the link I'll look it up now.

0 Kudos
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Given the two rasters you provided, I guess you want to know the statistics of carbon monoxide data for each land use type. if so, you can do:

use Zonal Statistics tool to obtain a raster containing the mean (min, max, std etc.) carbon monoxide for each land use region. you can also create a map using the field that stores the mean (or other statistical numbers)

then you can do table operation to summarize the mean for each land use type, this number can tell you which land use types are more correlated to carbon monoxide.

0 Kudos