Hi, I am battling to make a successful composite image of 3 landsat bands in arcgis10.4. Even though I want to create an image (say 652), the best i can do using the image analysis window is create a composite image of one band? If I use the composite too

06-19-2016 04:48 AM
MichaelLinklater
New Contributor

Using the image analysis window, even though I highlight 3 bands, the resultant image contains only one band. Using the composite tool in Data Management, I get a blank image, with wrong coordinates?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So using this tool... Composite Bands—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

you say you are only getting 1 band, which makes me think you fall into the second category from the help topic... but in any event ensure that your extents and cell sizes etc are all the same since there is little prospect of returning useful information otherwise, then look at the rendering issue

• You may have several raster datasets of the same area captured at various times. By displaying these raster datasets as a color composite, you can detect change in the area, such as urban growth or cut forests. To create this color composite, each raster dataset needs to be contained as individual bands within a single raster dataset.
  • In some cases, the output of an analysis operation is a single-band raster dataset. To do further visual analysis, you may need to combine the outputs by rendering your data as a color composite.
0 Kudos