LAS Dataset Surface Constraints not working

05-19-2021 03:22 AM
gisgott
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to estimate roof slopes. Therefore I created a LAS-Dataset which I want to transform to a raster (LAS Dataset to Raster) . Because I'm only interested in the Lidar points/ slope values IN the building footprints, I added my buildings shapefile as a surface constraint.

After executing the function 'Create LAS Dataset' still all points of the LAS Dataset are shown. Also LAS Dataset to Raster creates a whole raster (and not only within my building footprints).

Does anyone have an idea how to get the surface constraints working?

Best wishes

Felix

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gisgott , 

LAS data only point data based on measurements, and dose did not contain attribute data or other for constraints, so when you convert this into Raster, the system sees this as a single feature or item. 

One thing you could try is to change the Symbology Change the symbology of imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, Maybe choose to classify to get the gradient. 

After that Add in your Building footprint, choose the layer on the top, and change the transparency e.g. if the Raster is on the top, go to the layer and decrease the transparency so that the building footprints show through. 

Then you can use the measure tool, to measure the area - this is assuming that this is a small number of measurements you will need to do  

This may also help

Apply visual effects—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Let me know if this helps, good luck 

0 Kudos