Sid and GeoTiff Imagery Storage

Jump to solution
11-29-2022 11:20 AM
Labels (1)
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

We have multiple orthoimages saved on a shared drive from various years of flyovers of the city my work is in.  They are mostly sid or GeoTiff files.  Our IT department wants to do away with the shared drive - wondering what the best practice is for storing large orthoimagery datasets?   For each year that we have data, we typically have a mosaic and individual tiles.  We also sometimes have DEMs.  Some of them aren't accessed very often, but I use the most current ortho frequently. 

Thank you!

Pamela 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuziShoemaker
New Contributor II

Have you considered using oriented imagery for this purpose? We have done some demo projects with this in mind using oriented imagery tools.  Feel free to reach out to me our anyone on our staff!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SuziShoemaker
New Contributor II

Have you considered using oriented imagery for this purpose? We have done some demo projects with this in mind using oriented imagery tools.  Feel free to reach out to me our anyone on our staff!

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion - I will look into it.  I haven't actually heard of oriented imagery before!  Is it a separate license? 

0 Kudos
SuziShoemaker
New Contributor II

Right now it's available in Experience Builder, WebAppBuilder, and ArcGIS Pro. There is work being done to make it a feature layer, but I don't know when that will launch, sometime in 2023...  Feel free to reach out to me directly: suzi.shoemaker@aerialsphere.com 

0 Kudos