ArcGIS Java SDK MGRS Grid Rendering Order

02-09-2023 05:33 AM
NebiSARIKAYA
New Contributor III

I am new to ArcGIS SDK. I would like to add some icons and MGRS Grid on the 2D map. But when I add the MGRS grid, the lines of the grid are seem to be rendered on top of the icons. I would like the MGRS grids to be rendering order to be at back of icons. What do I have to do?

Another question is: Is there a way to add MGRS grid as a Feature Layer?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

At the moment the grid draws as the top layer, but there are lots of options for styling the grid lines and text including turning off the text if you wanted.

If you think that bring able to shift the grid to a different draw order is important then let me know.

As for adding the MGRS grid to a feature layer, this would be partially possible, but it would involve a lot of work to recreate all of the logic we've implemented in the grid implementations.

There is a samples app which shows some of the things you can achieve with the grid here https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-maps-sdk-java-samples/tree/main/display_information/display-grid

Does this help?

0 Kudos
NebiSARIKAYA
New Contributor III

@MarkBaird Thank you for your quick reply. It may be ok to use the grid as is. But is there a rendering order option for Military Symbol to render always on top of other military graphics on a GrahicsOverlay? On the screenshot attached, the Military Graphics which Area of Operations is rendered on top of the military icons. They are in the same GraphicsOverlay. I would like the icons to be rendered on top if the polygons and polylines. Thanks.

0 Kudos