ArcGIS Runtime for Java and WMTS

05-18-2015 03:40 AM
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

Did anyone experience invalid requests made by ArcGIS Runtime to WMTS,served by ArcGIS for Server, created in WKID 4326?  Why, does runtime ask for the tiles at the best resolution while my current and full extent are set to a small scale? It seems that Runtime does not take into consideration the extent of the service nor the current extent of the application. Below is a screenshot with the tile requests.

The same service is consumed with a success in ArcGIS for Desktop. The requests are valid and resonable.

Just to mention, the issue does not exist when using 102100 WKID for WMTS. Any ideas what can be wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Adam

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nita14
by

Any news for this? Any plans to repair it in the Quartz release?

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
EricBader

Hi Adam,

Thank you for catching this. Was this submitted to Tech support as bug yet? We can take a look at it.

0 Kudos
nita14
by

HI Eric,

No, It was not, because, the time I discovered it, I has been already out of maintenance. Also you can take a look at Offline Geocoding engine which always returns 100 score for the first row, which is in fact irrelevant factor for geocoding accuracy.

By the way, It is great that you allow free testing of SDKs and APis and support users via GeoNet. However, I think, the milestone will be the free bug reports for all developers. If you enable this, I am sure, you will receive greater feedback from the community and allowing you to build almost bug-free SDKs and APIs. Here is my ideas: ArcGIS Idea - Let us report the bugs for free

Thank you for considering it,

Adam

0 Kudos