How To Use Java Maps SDK Popup class??

Jump to solution
11-07-2023 08:35 AM
JaredFaulk
New Contributor III

I am trying to add a styled Popup to display metadata from a graphic. I have seen the examples shown using the Callout class, however, the Popup class appears to have much much more formatting capabilities (it has an ENTIRE package dedicated to it). Are there any examples how to use Popups? I simply want to display metadata in a custom format, somewhat like Esri Online display's its metadata. Thank you!

Edit: the main issue I am having is how to DISPLAY, the Popup. A Callout is part of the mapview and you simply display is using 

callout.showCalloutAt(projectedPoint)

How do I do the equivalent for a Popup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@JaredFaulk 

The popup classes won't help you if you are working with graphics, they are really aimed at assisting with the formatting of data from features which have a PopupDefinitiion.  Also we don't have a UI component for popups.

I assume you are wanting to display the contents of the attributes within a graphic, in which case you will need to write some code to display these in JavaFX components yourself.  These could potentially be contained in a Callout.

Does that help?

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@JaredFaulk 

The popup classes won't help you if you are working with graphics, they are really aimed at assisting with the formatting of data from features which have a PopupDefinitiion.  Also we don't have a UI component for popups.

I assume you are wanting to display the contents of the attributes within a graphic, in which case you will need to write some code to display these in JavaFX components yourself.  These could potentially be contained in a Callout.

Does that help?

Mark

0 Kudos
JaredFaulk
New Contributor III

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the response. Yes that clears it up for me. Would've been nice if the Popup class was a UI component, as it could have set field level display capabilities across an entire layer / graphic overlay. Thanks!

Jared

0 Kudos