I can't install arcgis runtime sdk into eclipse..Hope someone can help

08-15-2014 03:53 PM
michelleroche
New Contributor II

I have downloaded ArcGis Runtime sdk, when I try to install it in eclipse, it won't show up. I don't know what i am doing wrong!!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III

Can you elaborate on "it won't show up"? Did you follow these instructions?

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying! I am having trouble with this step

1. "Click the Local button. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, navigate to <installation directory>/sdk/Eclipse Plugin. Select the Eclipse Plugin folder."
  2. When I click the Local Button I navigate to the sdk plugin but the folders are empty??
0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

I am using Eclipse Juno? Is that ok?

0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado

If the contents of this folder do not look like the picture when browsing to it using windows explorer, then something went wrong with the installation. If they are there, the step states to only select the "folder", and not a file contained within. This will work with any eclipse version.eclipsepluginfoldercontents.png

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

All that I can see is documentation and Support when I search? Should I just install ArcGis runtime sdk and install it again?

0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado

This folder should be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\java10.2.3\sdk\Eclipse Plugin". If not, I would re-install.

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Thank you, I will try that now. Is there anything that affects the Eclipse Plugin from not downloading correctly?

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Downloaded it again, but the files are still the same?

0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado

I'm a bit concern with your statement "anything that affects the Eclipse Plugin from not downloading correctly". The eclipse plugin of ArcGIS RT for Java is a component of ArcGIS RT for Java and NOT a separate component that can be downloaded and used without ArcGIS RT for Java being installed. Are we in the same page?

0 Kudos