Support for .mpkx (from ArcGIS pro 3.1) in ArcGIS Runtime Java SDK 100.15.2

01-04-2024 11:59 PM
Himanshu
New Contributor

Hello There,

Does anyone know which version of  ArcGIS Runtime Java SDK support the .mpkx (from ArcGIS pro 3.1) ?

Another following question is does it also support the .mpk (From ArcMap 10.8.X)

Thanks

Himanshu

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@Himanshu 

It is possible to create a mobile map package from ArcGIS Pro which you can display in a Maps SDK app. 

If you are starting a new project, I'd discourage using ArcMap as support for this is going away.

This approach is one of many offline workflows.  Before going too far down a particular route its worth stepping back and looking at what you are aiming for.  If you share some information here I can help.  Alternatively take a look at this page which talks above approaches for different offline workflows.

Does this help?

0 Kudos
Himanshu
New Contributor

Thanks a lot Mark for you response.

I am talking about the map package (.mpkx) not sure if that is same as mobile map package ?
I am using the ArcGISruntime 100.15.2 and try to load the .MPKX file created by ArcGIS Pro 3.1... it is NOT working for me.

Do I need to upgrade to ArcGISRuntime ver. 200.X ?

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@Himanshu 

The file format you need to create from ArcGIS Pro is a Mobile Map Package - these are designed for Maps SDK apps.  The mpkx file will not work.  The publish buttons for these are next to each other:

MarkBaird_0-1705418544024.png

I exported a project I have from ArcGIS Pro 3.2 to a .mmpk file and confirmed I can open and view the data using 100.15.x and 200.3 releases.

Does this help?

0 Kudos
Himanshu
New Contributor

Thanks Mark.

I am looking for '.MPKX' support only. Thanks for confirming that it will NOT work with ArcGISRuntime 100.15.X. May be I need to upgrade to 200.X.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@Himanshu 

The Map package files (.mpkx) are just for users of ArcGIS Pro to share data.  This format of data is not supported in any version of the ArcGIS Maps SDK.  To share data from ArcGIS Pro to your Maps SDK app or FieldMaps etc you need to be exporting a mobile map package (.mmpk).

0 Kudos