How can I delete Zero Area Parcels in Parcel Fabric?

07-01-2015 01:46 PM
MattKoukol
New Contributor III

I have a growing number of zero area parcels in the parcel fabric.  Can anyone tell me how to delete them.  Since they cannot be selected in the map, the standard delete tool seems to have no effect, even when I have the records selected in the table.  I have also tried the "Delete Selected Parcels" tool from the Delete Fabric Records tool.  It just gives me a message asking me to select some parcels. 

I attached a screen shot showing my selection in the table for the Encumbrances - doesn't really help with the question, but it's there as a reference to show what I have done.

If anyone has figured out how to go about deleting these features, I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

Did you try Repair Geometry (Data Management) tool?

Think Location
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt

There are a few things you can try:

• First select the records in the table and then open the Parcel Explorer - the selected parcels should show up. Right-click and click Delete to delete parcels in the Parcel Explorer.

• As for the add in, it should delete 0 area parcels. It may not be working because the selected parcels are under a group layer. You may need a single, non-grouped Easements layer for the Add In to work

• you can try and  see if the Delete Parcel Fabric records will detect these inconsistent parcels and delete them. The add in will detect theses parcels IF they have no lines. However if their parcel fabric structure is intact, they wont be detected.

With the Add In installed, right-click the parcel fabric in the Catalog window and click Inconsistent Records -> Full Fabric scan. Make sure the Parcels that have no lines option is chosen, click Next and then Delete.

• If these parcels do have lines you can try re-generate their geometry: Select the records in the table and the Regenerate parcel fabric command.

Hope this helps

Christine

Parcel Editor team