Load Saved Drawings

04-02-2018 04:29 PM
AndreKruger
New Contributor II

When you use Measure/Draw, there is the ability to Export your drawings.  However there is nowhere to Import it again, unless I overlooked it.

The saved json file can not be added through Add Layers either. (Add layers allows geojson to be loaded.)

Could we investigate a way to import saved drawings.  This way it would be possible to share drawings by email with other users.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Thanks Andre, wasn't aware of this issue. We are investigating and will ensure that the output GeoJson is able to be imported.

Cheers

Grant

0 Kudos
AndreKruger
New Contributor II

Hi Grant,

Thanks for looking into this.

To be honest, I never had much luck with GeoJson and ESRI. (Must be a standards thing.)

E.g. the exports from RAMM can be imported into QGIS, but not ARC.

Quite often I see geojson files on the web and try to import it into ARC, using the interop tool, without success.

Not much luck with the Crash data from NZTM either.

I pretty much given up on GeoJson.

Although, I would have expected that at least if it was exported by ESRI to be able to be imported again.

Hope you would be able to fix it.

Regards

Andre

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Hi Andre

Just an update on this, we've done some development and now we are producing proper geojson output. This does mean that the geojson is output in WGS84, but you can load it back in to the map using the add data tool, and it positions correctly.

We've also made some UI changes as well to hopefully help with making the UI a bit more intuitive.

Cheers

Grant

0 Kudos