Can someone from ESRI resurrect the Bump Map tool?

08-22-2017 01:54 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

An interesting thread over on GIS stack Exchange is going on about a set of tools to create a "bump map" effect. With successive generations of ArcGIS and the restructuring of the ESRI website this tool has been lost and seemingly no one can gain access to it. Yet there are 2 blog pages talking all about it.

Could someone provide access to it, the obvious place would be the ESRI code sharing website. It might need some updating to ensure it works within the modern 10.5 framework. I would be happy to have a look at it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

jbarry-esristaff‌.... you are apparently the last hope

Dan

JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

It doesn't look like this item was ever on the old ArcScripts. It's good to see that the link to download it still exists and works. Would be great if the owner would share it on ArcGIS.com or the ArcGIS Code Sharing site, either way. (i.e., those two are, under the hood, essentially the same thing).

0 Kudos
NicoleGamble1
Esri Contributor

Hi Duncan, it looks like the download link on this page still works: Introducing the ArcGIS bump map tools | ArcGIS Blog 

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Nicole,

That is great news, it was not working last week hence the thread over on GIS SE. I guess someone in ESRI was looking and gave whoever a prod to get it reinstated! These sort of tools are really useful.

Duncan

AileenBuckley
Esri Contributor