Esri Community Forum Sign In Issue With Two Accounts

07-26-2023 08:48 PM
tiztrain
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

This post does not really fit into any of these categories as I could not find a category that fits, would be something like 'esri community forum'.

So I have two esri accounts at all times, a work account and then a personal one. My edge browser also operates the same way, I have a work account and a personal account. I have setup my esri community work profile to successfully with my edge work browser profile and that works great.

When I use the esri community forum, I always sign in with my personal account so that my posts, comments, feedback, etc, all follow me to whatever company I am working for. Sometimes I forget to open the esri community forum in my personal browser account and am stuck with the message below that is trying to make me create an account with my work email:

tiztrain_1-1690429388906.png

The problem is that I have already created an account using this work email and it won't let me sign in with the email and it won't let me sign out of that account.

I would like for this to be fixed so it is a better experience in handling different accounts.

WORKAROUND: In the mean time I figured out to fix this issue:

1. Load myesri in my personal account's browser which would log me into my work's myesri
  2. Sign out.
  3. Sign into myesri with my personal account
  4. Open the esri community forum and sign in with my personal account

0 Replies