Assigning static colors to specific values on a stretched color ramp

Jump to solution
04-01-2017 04:09 PM
MichL
by
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if this is something that can be done, but have created a custom color ramp in ArcGIS Desktop and would like to use a stretched symbology for a gradual transition from one color to the next, but need to assign static colors to specific values on the scale. This is my scale:

color ramp

For example, the possible range of values within my dataset (which is dynamic) can be from 0 to 500. The actual range will vary from day to day and won't always have a max value of 500. So, I need the color for say 55 to remain red regardless of the actual range of the current dataset. Sometimes the dataset will only max out at 55, but I don't want it to be purple/maroon, I need it to remain red. I don't have a dataset that has the full range of values in it. The max value I have is 114. Is there a way to do this??

I should also state that the original format of my dataset is grib which I've degribbed (to a .flt) and converted to an .img file. I believe there is a way to do this with a colormap but I'm having trouble finding a reference to manually adjust the max value since colormaps can only be used with unique values.

Here is an image of what I am trying to accomplish in ArcMap, with different color ranges:

example

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Go to Layer properties of raster and choose stretched in the left ,

then open Labeling as in the picture:

Set number of intervals that you want.

Adjust the values the you want ( from lower to higher  / from down to up).

that's all.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Go to Layer properties of raster and choose stretched in the left ,

then open Labeling as in the picture:

Set number of intervals that you want.

Adjust the values the you want ( from lower to higher  / from down to up).

that's all.

MichL
by
New Contributor II

I stumbled upon this potential solution a few days after my initial post.  So far it looks like it could work.  Thanks!!

0 Kudos