Building Footprints shadow coming in red

09-28-2010 04:36 PM
JosiJenneskens
New Contributor II
We are having a problem getting the building footprints shadow, created in cartographic representation, to be gray like it is supposed to be for the community basemap.  We create the representation with the correct color but it always comes in bright red.  We are using ArcGIS 10.  Has anyone else had this problem angd how can we fix it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PamBrangan
New Contributor III
Hi - We ran into this same problem.  I'm not sure what the exact fix is, but I can suggest a couple of things to check:
1)  be sure that Isvisible field is populated to Yes
2)  be sure the RuleID field is populated to be 1
3)  In the representation properties for the building footprint dropshadow, be sure under general properties Visibility is checked.

Hope this helps.
Pam
0 Kudos
RyanCoghlin
New Contributor III
I second what Pam said:

[INDENT]Make sure the the RuleID field for all your features has a value of 1[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Also, try changing the symbology of the layer back to a simple, single symbol then resymbolize using the drop shadow representation.[/INDENT]

- Ryan
0 Kudos
HeatherEisan
Esri Contributor
If you are applying the BuildingFootprintDropShadow.cal script make sure you run it on BuildingDropShadow_1K since it does not have a definition query on this layer and all of your buildings will have the cartographic representation applied.  Also make sure that the representation rule number is equal to the number you are doing the calculated fields on.  For example the rule number is 1, so the rule ID is 1. 

If this does not work then you can load the representation rule from the style file.  This style file can be from either CM_1.style or any of the other files that get downloaded from the Community Map template.  Once you have loaded the representation rule determine which rule number the rule is loaded to, then go to your attribute table for BuildingDropShadow_1K. Do a calculated fields on the RuleID field type number of the representation rule.  For example the rule number is mostlikely 2, so type in the number two and click OK.  Your representations should appear correct.

Let me know if either of these resolutions help.
0 Kudos