Cannot view address locator properties

05-01-2015 12:38 PM
DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Suddenly, the ability to right click a locator and view the properties has disappeared. This holds true for looking at locators in a file gdb, and in SDE (each in totally separate environments). This occurred shortly after upgrading to 10.3, though I'm quite sure I did look at properties a couple times using 10.3.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RakeshSinha
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dake,

I am able to look at the locator properties with version 10.3. What exactly happens when you right click on the locator property after right clicking on the locator? Does it throw any errors or nothing comes up?

0 Kudos
DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Hi Rakesh,

There's a little blip, like it's trying to make the effort, but nothing comes up.  A colleague in my office was also having the same problem, but then it resolved for no apparent reason. I still can't see the properties.

thanks

dake

0 Kudos
RakeshSinha
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dake,

Please try the following and let me know how it goes:

1] Close any running session of ArcMap.

Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3\ArcMap\Templates and rename Normal.mxt to Normal_old

Re-launch ArcMap and check if the locator properties open up for you.

2] If you haven’t tried checking the locator properties through a stand alone ArcCatalog, please give it a try and see if that helps.

3] Open Windows Explorer and go to the following path on your computer.  If you have a 32-bit system the path will exist at C:\Program Files else the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\Configuration\CATID

If the CATID folder exists, it will contain files which have an ECFG extension.  These files initialize 3rd party extensions that may exist on your computer that were installed for previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop.  If the CATID folder exists, rename the folder as CATID_old.  This will disable the extensions.

Please perform this renaming step after closing ArcMap/ArcCatalog in case they’re open. Once renamed, try relaunching ArcMap and checking for the issue.

4] Try logging onto your machine with a different user profile and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, it might be a case of corrupt user profile and you might have to contact your IT guys.

5] Reset Application Data:

1.      Shut down ArcMap and any other Esri application (if running).

2.      Open Windows Explorer.

3.      Go to: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.

4.      Rename ESRI folder to ESRI_new.

Reset Registry Keys:

1.      Start Menu --> Run --> type "regedit" (without quotation marks).

2.      Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

3.      Expand Software folder within HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

4.      Rename the ESRI folder to ESRI_new.

5.      Exit Regedit.

Please ensure that none of the Esri applications are open while you go through these steps.

I hope this helps! Do let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos