Create a trammap from referenced stations

04-18-2016 02:23 AM
PSArcOnlinePSArcOnline
New Contributor III

Hello together,

I would like to create a map like this

http://www.vvs.de/download/SBahn_Liniennetz.pdf

based on georeferenced point-layer of the stations.

And I would like to accomplish that in an at least semi automated way (stations will change position, new ones added, others are deleted).

Is there any solution out there for this (e.g. network analyst)? Or are all these maps drawn manually?

For example a script that calculated a new layer there the stations are relocated to form such an abstracted map (python?). I am not searching for a very nice looking map but a functional one (routing still possible from calculated attribute lenght, obviously the real length is then not working ).

See example png.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Do you have the network data to associate your stations with?  There is nothing that is going to automatically make that map, it takes a degree of effort to get the basics ready before you can even start adding transit information to the stops and/or routing

0 Kudos
PSArcOnlinePSArcOnline
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

thank you for your answer. At the moment these are all just thoughts. I know the basics of network creation. What I will get is an automated output of the points (Shape). And I will get the info which points are connected and some info about the type of these connection (CSV). So I had to model this network. But I think with the given information I can achieve an automated way to do so.

In an additional step I need an abstract form of the map. Like described in my post above. And this is what I don't know. If there is any better way then to do this completely by hand. A bonus would be if the abstract form could act like the original network too.

0 Kudos