Has anyone had a problem with export from a layout in ArcGIS 10.4.1? I have done this a million times in previous versions and have never had an issue. All of a sudden, it has stopped working no matter what format i export in (jpeg, pdf, tiff). All of

06-22-2016 12:49 PM
DarkaJensen
New Contributor II

Screen capture of what it should look like:
Screen capture before export.jpg

This is what I get after trying to export:

After export.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you try a shutdown of Arcmap and a reboot of the computer?  seems to have been a solution to some issues lately

0 Kudos
DarkaJensen
New Contributor II

I tried that about three times.  No luck.   The part that glitches in the export is when I try and colour the polygons.  The colour I choose seems to overtake the entire dataframe and not the polygon.   Something is really wrong in the program as all previous versions worked before 10.4.   I really need this to work as these schedules I prepare are for official documentation and I may have to resort to reinstalling an older version?  What were the fixes you mentioned?

DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

This is a shot in the dark and I may be off-track, but I have seen/heard of issues similar to that when the geometry of the features is bad for whatever reasons. You might try running Repair Geometry on the layers.

0 Kudos
DarkaJensen
New Contributor II

So here is something else I discovered this morning.   If I play with the map scale it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.  If I choose a scale from the drop down, eg. 10,000 it will export correctly.  If I set my own scale, eg. 1800 it will not scale.   Suggestions?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Send your data and procedure to see if esri can reproduce it... it may be a bug and it won't get fixed if it is unless someone reports it. 

As for your immediate problem, if a reboot didn't get rid of the system stupids and repair geometry didn't work, I can't think of anything else.  Bleed through is usually a geometry error, and sometimes the computer needs a virtual kick.

0 Kudos
DarkaJensen
New Contributor II

So definitely found out the problem is in the scaling of the layout dataframe window.  It only exports correctly at certain scales.   No rhyme or reason as to which ones are chosen.  I can send it at 1:2,500 but not at 1:1,800.   All lower ones works ok as well.  1:800, 1:600, as well as 1:10,000, 1:24,000 but not 1:1,800 or 1:2,000.

Any ideas anyone??  Very annoying.

0 Kudos