Remove or Hide the word from Label Manager

Jump to solution
03-28-2019 07:44 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Question : 

I have a Label Manager turn it on to perform labels for each point that show the Recreation Site Points.

One of them I have here has a duplicate words 

See the word CG here it means Campground .  I'd like to display not to show it

What i want is to show it here is DEER CREEK CAMPGROUND ?

How do I do that ?

I have this as a label class under the Recreation Site Points layer here 

Thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

You have to customize the label expression of the label class in the Recreation Site Points layer.  If the layer only generates one label you could hard-code the text as "DEER CREEK CAMPGROUND".  If you want the expression to replace "CG CAMPGROUND" with "CAMPGROUND" for many different campgrounds and your field name was NAME, in VB you could make the expression:

REPLACE([NAME], "CG CAMPGROUND", "CAMPGROUND")

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

You have to customize the label expression of the label class in the Recreation Site Points layer.  If the layer only generates one label you could hard-code the text as "DEER CREEK CAMPGROUND".  If you want the expression to replace "CG CAMPGROUND" with "CAMPGROUND" for many different campgrounds and your field name was NAME, in VB you could make the expression:

REPLACE([NAME], "CG CAMPGROUND", "CAMPGROUND")

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. Would that remove the word from the attribute ? I don't want to do that.

0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

It does not affect the attribute, only the label.  If you used the same expression in the Field Calculation you would affect the attribute.  Label and the field calculator expressions are often the same, but in the label expression you only affect the label.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

That worked ! 

0 Kudos