Survey Analyst

10-23-2009 01:51 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Original Post Date: Oct 23, 2009 2:51 PM PDT

The Survey Analyst Extension is still listed when registering single use software.  This should be removed.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AllisonRost
Esri Contributor
Hi Ted,

Good Catch! Could you please log this with Support so a bug can be logged?

Thanks,

Allison...
ESRI Support Technical Lead
0 Kudos
AnneKawalec
New Contributor
Allison,

When we try opening a cadastral job (or parcel job or whatever it's called now), we get an error to the effect, "Survey Analyst license is not available."  Is the issue that Ted found the same as ours, or should we submit a separate bug report?  The extension isn't listed for us.  It shouldn't be, correct?

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
My issue was with the license.  Your issue sounds like it is with the software, so if it were me, I would file a separate report.
0 Kudos
AnneKawalec
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply Ted.  I was just coming back here to post our resolution.  Like you, I was convinced it was software, but with Tim's help we determined that it was in fact a licensing issue.  Er . . . a licensing software issue.  🙂

We're running 9.4 on a virtual machine and using our networked physical license manager.  That server has the LMTools for 9.3.x installed on it - LMTools version 11.4, which the beta doc said would work for 9.4 as well.  Apparently this is inadequate for parcel editing.

We installed the license manager (LMTools v11.6?) included with 9.4 beta directly onto the virtual machine and are no longer pointing to the physical license server.  We can now start a parcel job.

Dan
0 Kudos
LinaHaggard
New Contributor II
I have also experienced the same Parcel Editor error: �??There is no Survey Analyst license currently available�?�. Upgrading to v11.6 license manager did not solve the problem on our system though. It turns out that when you only have ArcInfo licenses and no ArcEditor licenses the Survey Analyst error pops up. When you add an ArcEditor license to the license manager, the error is gone (I added an evaluation license as a workaround). Thanks to Jeff S, ESRI for finding the reason for the error! The bug is logged as NIM051434.

Lina
0 Kudos
adawiyahza
New Contributor
hi, can someone help me. i'm having a problem to find where the survey analyst tool in ArcGIS 10. i hv been trying to find it at costumize menu, but there's no tools survey analyst.or mayand one more thing is, can someone tell me can i just ignore to enable the survey analyst if i want to make least square adjustment for cadastral fabric?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
hi, can someone help me. i'm having a problem to find where the survey analyst tool in ArcGIS 10. i hv been trying to find it at costumize menu, but there's no tools survey analyst.or mayand one more thing is, can someone tell me can i just ignore to enable the survey analyst if i want to make least square adjustment for cadastral fabric?

Survey Analyst as a product is no more.  Survey Analyst is the Parcel Editor Tools.  The Cadastral Fabric is now known as the Parcel Fabric.
0 Kudos
adawiyahza
New Contributor
Survey Analyst as a product is no more.  Survey Analyst is the Parcel Editor Tools.  The Cadastral Fabric is now known as the Parcel Fabric.

tQ so much for your help.
now you settled my misunderstanding.
may i know if i want to produce the parcel fabric what kind of data needed as the source data.
currently i have boundary data, control point data and lot data.
then, it is needed to run topology for these three data?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
if I understand correctly, yes, there are 6 rules that have to be cleaned in topology prior to the load.  The topology can then be used for the actual load.  You have boundary ( poly, lines), because you should have both, think of the fabric as being comparable to the coverage data model.  So, ideally, you should have a poly, Pline, control is nice.  Throw your poly and lines into a topology.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009000000004000000.htm

Loads polygon and line features
that participate in a topology into a target parcel fabric. The topology
requires a predefined set of topology rules:

• Line�??Must be Covered by

• Boundary Of (polygon)
  • Line�??Must Not

• Self-Overlap
  • Line�??Must Not

• Self-Intersect
  • Line�??Must be Single

• Part
  • Line�??Must Not Intersect