I want to learn as much as possible

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
SusanWThomas
New Contributor

Hello, I am new to ESRI Community.  I have some experience with ArcGIS working with tax mapping parcels for the county where I lived in North Carolina.  I absolutely enjoy GIS.  It is such an expansive tool to utilize in so many areas of interest.   Possibilities are endless.  I desire to learn as much as possible.  After working with the county in tax mapping, I was a stay-at-home mom of three for 11 years.  I went back to work with my local municipality, my hometown, doing water/sewer/tax billing.  Being such a small town, they did not have ArcGIS to work with for their water/sewer systems data.  I want to know how to completely set up utility systems using ArcGIS.  From inputting all the data, data points, etc. to billing for the utilities through ArcGIS.  

If anyone could share with me the appropriate classes, mooc's, videos, or other places to gain knowledge to successfully build a utilities system with ArcGIS, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am so happy to be a part of the ESRI Community and so excited to gain the knowledge to be successful in the utility industry with ArcGIS!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @SusanWThomas!

Well we are also so happy you're here! Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

And, noting your specific interest, these areas may prove a good starting point: 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @SusanWThomas!

Well we are also so happy you're here! Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

And, noting your specific interest, these areas may prove a good starting point: 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
SusanWThomas
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your response and all the information!