Search for items with/without metadata

01-29-2024 02:25 AM
Labels (1)
EBrayshaw
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm an admin of my organisation's ArcGIS Online and Enterprise sites. We are wanting to require users to input metadata for their items to improve data quality, using the built in metadata editor on AGOL and Enterprise. But we need some way of reporting/investigating this so we can identify gaps and make requests to users. 

Is there a way to search all items across an organisation as metadata inputted Y/N? Apart from going in to all items and looking at the metadata link which is very cumbersome.

Thanks for any help!

El

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

The Dashboard outlined in this article has been very useful when identifying stale, duplicate, or unnecessary content within AGO organizations. Although it doesn't have a Yes/No Metadata filter, there is the ability to filter by Completeness Score, which could be a good proxy for items with insufficient detail. There's probably a threshold score that could be identified with a bit of experimenting that would give you a list of items you are looking for.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/managing-arcgis-online-conten...

KatClifton
New Contributor III

@bbaker_tngeo is the Completeness Score documented in terms of how it is calculated?

0 Kudos
bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

@KatClifton, the article linked above states:

• Completeness Score: An item’s completeness score is based on how much of the item’s metadata, like snippet, thumbnail, description, title, and tags, is populated. This filter makes the job of enforcing a metadata standard in an organization easier by helping the admin quickly identify items with low a completeness score.

I am not sure if there is further documentation elsewhere within Esri's technical articles. I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
KatClifton
New Contributor III

Hi @bbaker_tngeo , thank you for your reply.  Yes, I am looking for some more "in the weeds" technical documentation that might be available.   

0 Kudos
EBrayshaw
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! This is a great base for us to go off 

0 Kudos