SarahPowell1
Esri Contributor

from-mine-to-market-email-12x6.png

We hope you enjoyed the webinar, "From Mine to Market."

For further information, please contact the following Esri staff:

• Peter Will: pwill@esri.com
• Matt Ballard: mballard@esri.com

Question and Answers

1. What applications are used to plan and execute the drone flights?
    1. Site Scan for ArcGIS includes a mobile flight planning application which can be used to plan and execute drone flights.  You can find more information here: Site Scan Flight Planning v4.0 Release
  2. Can you include obstructions in routing analysis to calculate distances and travel times that do not cross or enter the obstructions?  Such as in the “Respond to Bid” section of the webinar?
    1. Yes, you can include barriers as part of the vehicles routing step that can include avoiding specific locations, roads, or general areas.  This can be done through a web application, as in the “Respond to Bid” section of the webinar.
  3. How do you find the various real time data sets (e.g., traffic, weather)?
    1. The traffic and weather data shown were sourced from the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World.  You can find those layers here: World Traffic Service and Recent Weather Radar Imagery.  You can also incorporate your own real-time datasets, such as vehicles or trucks, with ArcGIS Velocity or ArcGIS GeoEvent Server.
  4. How long does it take to get from drone images to volume calculations?
    1. This can vary, but generally it takes about one hour per 150–200 images processed to received processed outputs.  The volume calculations only take a few seconds to calculate once the imagery has been processed.
  5. Can you add a “nearest competitor field” in the “Respond to Bid” analysis?
    1. Yes, you can add other datasets like competitors, past bids, and other business data into this workflow.
  6. On the “Respond to Bid” analysis, is it possible to automate the drive time from nearest location when placing a point on the map?
    1. Yes, you can use the “Find Nearest” tool to identify the closest facility.
  7. Are the network and population datasets shown in this presentation available for purchase or only available in Business Analyst?
    1. These datasets are offered as standalone datasets, through Business Analyst, and through the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World.
  8. Can we access the application that you demoed in the webinar?
    1. Yes, the application along with all of the maps and applications are available here: go.esri.com/Mine-to-Market

Thank you for your time and attention. Be on the lookout for additional mining webinars.

Warm regards,
The Mining Team

0 Replies