Model Builder Error

11-10-2014 04:56 AM
Manuel_FernandoBenitez
New Contributor III

We have a error, when we try to connect to WFS To Feature tool, with another tool in Model Builder AG4Desktop 10.2,

When we use the result of the execution layer of "WFT to Feature class" tool, this layer is not recognized as input layer to the "Buffer" tool

error.png

However when I open the assistente of "Buffer" tool and look for the created layer, the buffer tool recognizes it properly.

herramienta.png

But our requirement obliges us that is connected to the output of "WFT to Feature Class" tool

Modelo.png

We would like to know if anyone has had this problem with "ModelBuilder" and if you know we can to do to fix it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Manuel,

I was able to also replicate this issue. The problem is that the WFS To Feature Class doesn't return the path to the output feature class in its result object. As a result, the buffer tool doesn't have a input to utilize for the buffer and remain grayed out.

I would suggest logging a ticket with the Desktop Usage team in support to have this looked at. I was able to replicate this behavior at 10.3.

FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Manuel,

I spoke with one of the developers responsible for this area of the software earlier today. I've confirmed that this behavior is a bug and I'll be logging a bug for it. You can submit a ticket to support along with a reference to this geonet thread and the analyst will be able to seek me out to get you attached to the bug.

In the meantime, the workaround for this behavior will be to use the Calculate Value tool to stitch together the path to the output feature class.