Model Builder Issue - Field Calculator

Jump to solution
07-29-2014 11:38 AM
RusselKlueg
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

First off, thanks for taking the time to look at this!!

So my issue is that I'm trying to build a model that will take several feature classes (42) create a new string field in them and then use a field calculator to set the value to the field as the feature class name. I need this so that later I can merge all of these feature classes together and still maintain where each point is coming from in the final merged feature class. I'm attaching 3 pictures to this post. A picture of the model as im using it, A picture of the model without any data so that you have visibility of what i'm actually doing. and a picture of the error that i'm receiving. The model throws the error anytime I try to use a dynamic value to calculate the field such as telling it to calculate the field as the value from the path parse or when I try to make it calc the field as the value stored in Name as well. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Russel,

I cannot see what is wrong with your model without being able to see what the properties of each tool are. Attached is a tool that I used to do the exact same thing

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Russel,

I cannot see what is wrong with your model without being able to see what the properties of each tool are. Attached is a tool that I used to do the exact same thing

RusselKlueg
New Contributor III

Well, Mr. Giles, That seemed to do the trick just fine!!! And I was able to tell my own folly from looking at your model! I really appreciate the help!

0 Kudos