Modelbuilder iterate process

04-15-2014 10:48 AM
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I have a model where there is an iterator in the middle that takes a row selection from an input feature class, selects features from a separate process based on that row selection, and calculates a value for that selection. There are 30-40 rows that will be iterated. My model keeps re-processing the static end result before the iterator. Sorry if I am butchering the explanation of this, maybe the image will explain it a little better....

Thoughts on how to make the model run the process before the iterator only once? I need this process in there as I may need to re-run this as my inputs are updated.

Thanks,
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III
Still looking for help on this, anyone?
0 Kudos
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III
I have tried different pre-condition orders and still nothing. Anybody offer anything?
0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
You could try putting the portion of the model with the iterator as it's own model and then embedding it back in the main model. Alternatively, it might be easiest to write a simple Python script for only the iterated portion and add the Python script at the that step of the model in lieu of the iterator. Or you could try exporting the whole model to Python and troubleshooting from there. I've only had success with iterators in ModelBuilder when I'm iterating the entire model process.
0 Kudos
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply,

I will give that a go and let you know how it turns out. Thanks
0 Kudos