ModelBuilder: model cannot be run as a batch process

08-10-2010 08:32 AM
KarlOrmer
New Contributor
I have created a rather simple model (find it attached to this post) in ModelBuilder (9.3) and it runs just fine but I want to run it as a batch process. So I right click on the model name in the toolbox, select `batch` - and it gives me the regular input mask instead of the batch grid. Why is that? This is just annoying as I don't get any error message...

Any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
Try right clicking on the input row, and then choose 'browse'.  you can then select multiple inputs for the model to process in batch mode.
0 Kudos
KarlOrmer
New Contributor
Thanks for your answer but I don't understand what you mean. Which input row? In your screenshot it seems as the batch grid is displayed. But my problem is that I don't get to this batch grid. Instead, the normal input mask is displayed (see screenshots).
0 Kudos
JeffVan_Etten
Occasional Contributor II
Karl

If you edit the model and right click on your NUTS levels and go to properties, under the general tab you should select a list of values rather than a series, then save the model, this should give you the batch grid.  Word of warning, I am using 10 and this worked in 10 when doing this, but should work in 9.3!  🙂

Good Luck.
Jeff
0 Kudos
KarlOrmer
New Contributor
Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer. You are right, if I change the NUTS levels to a 'list of values' it gives me the batch grid. But unfortunately this breaks my whole model as the calculation of the NUTS number now happens only once before the Intersect tool is run.

Maybe I should just write a python script but I'd like to understand how that would work in Modelbuilder. My initial series approach does work and I hoped that I could just run that several times with different country_code input (well, that's what I thought the batch grid was for :\).

So the conclusion is: it is generally not possible to use the batch grid when a series of values is used in your model?
0 Kudos
YogitaKarale
New Contributor
I am facing the same problem. I want to add several fields to same attribute table...is it possible to use  batch processing for the same in model builder??? so that i can add as many fields as i want in a single step...rather than using add field tool several times
0 Kudos