Please remove old non-Esri supported ISO-format installers from My Esri downloads!

12-06-2023 01:44 PM
Labels (3)
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Our organization requires our users to download and install software that is ONLY under current Esri support, and on the My Esri website, the traditional installers offered (.exe/.msi) are indeed the supported versions only, BUT the ISO format downloads include old unsupported versions (Desktop 10.3, etc.) - can these please be removed ASAP? Why have them for download to all My Esri users if they are no longer supported by Esri? We don't want our My Esri users potentially installing old unsupported versions.  We used to curate our installers on an internal server for our users instead, but with the pandemic shifting our work to now being heavily remote, we have many users rely on My Esri to get installers, and they need to be SUPPORTED releases.  I've opened an Esri case on this and they say they can't remove the ISO installers for one org, so they'd have to be removed for all orgs - please do so or provide an alternative like allowing an org's My Esri admin to "disable downloads for unsupported releases" or just have them available only to My Esri admins, or by request, or something like that.  Thank you.