Import Feature class to SQL geodatabase from .gdb file-based geodatabase

10-05-2017 10:52 AM
LenHannam
New Contributor

I'm new to GIS so be gentle! LOL!

What I'm trying to do seems so straight forward that I'm surprised I can't find anything on Google to point me in the rignt direction...

I want to use a windows desktop application c# and .Net to do the equivalent of the ArcCatalog 10.3.1 function 'Import ==> Feature Class (sigle)"

I want to import from a file-based .gdb geodatabase into an enterprise SQL Server - based Geodatabase.

I believe I should be able to do this using the ArcGIS SDK for .Net

I would like to find some sample code to speed up the learning curve...

Any help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

To confirm, you would like to copy/transfer a feature class from a File Geodatabase to a table in a Mobile Geodatabase (for use in an ArcGIS Runtime application)?

You have a few options for this:

- Use ArcMap and the Create Runtime Content tool

- Use ArcGIS Pro and the Create Mobile Map Package tool

- Use ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET plus the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server component to execute the Create Runtime Content tool (that you have packaged as a Geoprocessing package using ArcMap)

Note in all the above cases the resulting mobile geodatabase will be read-only. To create an editable mobile geodatabase you need to follow the services-based pattern discussed in Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers and Sync offline edits—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos