PortalItem doesn't return size for Tile Package from ArcGIS Online

11-17-2023 02:12 AM
Labels (3)
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to read Tile package properties using PortalItem CreateAsync method and it return 0 for size.

I have two packages (vtpk and tpk). For Vector tile package it works fine. Portal shows size for tpk item and it exceeds to 2GB.

From ArcGIS AppStudio application it works for both types of packages.

Is it issue with package in portal or bug? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyWeis
Esri Contributor

Hi @GKmieliauskas, I am not able to reproduce given the info here. Any PortalItem.Size call I make returns the correct value for all supported service types related to Tile Packages.

Could you provide the version of ArcGIS Maps SDK you are using as well as the Feature Service type (Item Details page > Details > Published as)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndyWeis,

Tile package is public. So, you can try it. 8c6ad98330ec4e10b15990c810d234ff

It's Raster tile package.

I use Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Maui 200.2.0

0 Kudos
AndyWeis
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately, I believe this is an issue with the data.

I've tested with my own TPK files of a similar nature and could not reproduce, though I can reproduce with your dataset. I also cannot add it to a map.

I would recommend republishing based on the source data, could be a good opportunity to upgrade to a TPKX as well, as we are transitioning to using these.

GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for efforts.

Our ArcGIS AppStudio application uses that package without problems on iOS and Android. Developing of AppStudio application was on Windows. It works fine too.

I had issue with size when testing MAUI application on Windows. I will try to make test on Android.

Package belongs to our client. I will inform client about migration to tpkx.

0 Kudos