Using LocatorTask.GeoCodeAsync to query a Pro locator for sub addresses

07-19-2022 01:29 PM
NWSCAD4
New Contributor II

I created a point address locator in ArcGis Pro 2.9.  I am able to use the locator tab to query for and find sub address locations using my locator.  But when I try to use the LocatorTask to query for the same sub address locations, using the same single line input, I get no results.  I have started trying to use multiple line inputs also, but so far no luck.  I am using ArcGisRuntime 100.14 for this test.

I have no trouble finding standard addresses using the locator task, but I have not yet seen it return a subaddress location.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NWSCAD4
New Contributor II

I published the locator to an ArcGis 10.8.1 server and tried both single line and multiple line inputs on the published service also.  I have no trouble getting expected results for a standard address, but I have yet to find a way to submit an input that returns a subaddress from the published locator service.  I had some scenarios with a pro locator service where I needed to use a search extent, so I tried that, but it does not make a difference in these cases.

I have tried numerous variations on both single line and multiple line inputs with no luck.

It certainly appears that esri has neglected to support subaddresses in Pro locators via either ArcGis Server 10.8.1 or ArcGisRuntime 100.14.  Is that the case?

0 Kudos